Depart: London St.Pancras Arrive: Brussels
Connection: Brussels to Antwerp– SNCB
Accommodation: for 3 nights
1.85 eur City tax per person and night, direct payment at the hotel
Monday 22nd Dec 2014
Connection: Antwerp to Brussels by SNCB – Brussels
Depart: Brussels Arrive: London St. Pancras
- £100 pp non-refundable deposit required at the time of the booking; the outstanding balance is due 12 weeks before.
- Credit cards will attract a surcharge of 2.50%
The Christmas Beer Festival (Kerstbierfestival) is held in Essen, a small village 35km from Antwerp and next to the Dutch border. The beer list is regarded as one of the best in the world, with several scoops and interesting gems, combined with world classics. This year they will serve about 170 different bottled beers to taste, and 18 or 20 on draught. Hot served Gluhkriek will of course still be available as well.
At last year’s festival about 3000 thirsty Christmas-beer-lovers came to the festival in Essen. And not only from Belgium – this unique festival, attracts an audience from all over the world.
Essen has very little accommodation, so our group will be staying in Antwerp: the added bonus is you can experience the city’s famous Christmas market!
Entry : free
Tasting Glasses : €3 deposit for 15cl. You can keep this as a souvenir or return the glass undamaged for your deposit.
Beer Tokens : Tokens are € 1,70 each, 6 for € 10,00
Opening Hours : Saturday: 13:30 – midnight and Sunday: 12:00 – 20:00
- Hourly train service from Antwerp – duration 40 minutes ~ € 6.00 return
- Taxi service € 1.00 from Essen Railway station
- Walking distance to festival is just over a mile
- Smoke free hall
- Food prepared with Christmas Beer
- Last train back to Antwerp leaves at 22:30
Stock up on Christmas gifts and goodies for your family and friends back home; as we are traveling on the Eurostar – you don’t have to worry about those extra few kilos!
The Christmas market opening times;
- Monday to Tursday from 12:00 – 21:00.
- Friday and Saturday from 11:00 – 23:00
- Sunday from 11:00 – 21:00