At last year’s festival about 3000 thirsty Christmas-beer-lovers came to the festival in Essen. And not only from Belgium – this unique festival, attracts an audience from all over the world.
Essen has very little accommodation, so our group will be staying in Antwerp: the added bonus is you can experience the city’s famous Christmas market!
Entry : free
Tasting Glasses : €3 deposit for 15cl. You can keep this as a souvenir or return the glass undamaged for your deposit.
Beer Tokens : Tokens are € 1,70 each, 6 for € 10,00
Opening Hours : Saturday: 13:30 – midnight and Sunday: 12:00 – 20:00
- Hourly train service from Antwerp – duration 40 minutes ~ € 6.00 return
- Taxi service € 1.00 from Essen Railway station
- Walking distance to festival is just over a mile
- Smoke free hall
- Food prepared with Christmas Beer
- Last train back to Antwerp leaves at 22:30
Depart: London St.Pancras 12:58 Arrive: Brussels 16:05
Connection: Brussels to Antwerp– SNCB
Accommodation: Holiday Inn Express Antwerp for 3 nights
1.85 eur City tax per person and night, direct payment at the hotel
Monday 17th Dec 2018
Connection: Antwerp to Brussels by SNCB – Brussels
Depart: 14:56 Brussels Arrive: 16:05 London St. Pancras
Stock up on Christmas gifts and goodies for your family and friends back home; as we are traveling on the Eurostar – you don’t have to worry about those extra few kilos!
The Christmas market opening times;
- Monday to Thursday from 12:00 – 21:00.
- Friday and Saturday from 11:00 – 23:00
- Sunday from 11:00 – 21:00